The City of Tekoa City Clerk/Treasurer performs many duties vital to the daily operations of our local government. Listed below you will find many of the duties performed.
- Handles all administrative duties relating to all intergovernmental agencies and manages the day-to-day finances.
- Records and edits the minutes of meetings
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plans and directs the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepares meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Performs budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepares ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintains fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintains and updates all documents, such as municipal codes, fee resolutions, ordinances, and much more.
- Issue permits such as building, mechanical, plumbing, demolition, and peddlers permits. Issues dog licenses and collect appropriate fees.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.